Traveling is stressful but there are plenty of ways to make the process more bearable. The main thing you can do is prepare in advance for your trip with some travel essentials. This will relieve so much stress! I hate getting on the plane and realizing there are no pillows or arriving at my destination only to find out that I can’t plug in my phone. So, check out these 5 travel essentials that will help you stress less and enjoy more of your trip.
5 Travel Essentials You Can’t Live Without
Anker PowerCore – High Capacity Power Bank: Keep your phone charged and ready to go with this high capacity power bank. I DO NOT leave the house, ever, without this baby! I take it to work, the beach, the gym (ok, we all know I don’t go to the gym), shopping, and everywhere in between. What I love most about this charger is the fact that you can charge two items at once. I took this with me to Zurich, Switzerland for 2 days and I charged my phone, my friend’s phone, and my Kindle for 2 days and never had to actually charge the device until I got home. You NEED this in your life! $39.99
- Ultra-High Capacity: Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 7 almost seven times, the Galaxy S6 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- High-Speed Charging: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge. Recharges itself in 10 hours with a 2 amp charger, phone chargers (generally 1 amp) may take up to 20 hours.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Worldwide Universal All-in-One Travel Power Adapter: How many times have you wondered which type of adapter you need for each country? I can, honestly, say I’ve been caught with the wrong one. Now that I have this universal adapter, I don’t ever have to worry about what works where, though I have a friend who swears by the smallest universal adapter instead of this, as they do a lot of travelling to Asia and need the outlets for those locales. Regardless, this adapter works in Europe, Austrailia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. It also means that with my charging cable from Mobile Mob, I can now charge my Fitbit wherever I happen to be. *Please note: This adapter does NOT convert output currents or voltage. However, I’ve never had an issue with my flat iron or any electronic devices including laptops and cell phones. $12.99
- Accepts plugs from more 150 countries with US/EU/UK/AU plugs.
- All-in-one adaptor with a built-in surge protector.
- Dual USB ports. Ideal for iPad, iPhone, and all cell phone Chargers.
- 5 different input plugs tightly connect into 1 adapter, equipped with Built-in safety shutters.
JOTO 2 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with USB Smart Charger: This power strip can solve your need for more than one adapter. We plug this into the adapter above and then plug our devices into this power strip. This way, we have more than enough room to charge all of our devices at the same time instead of one at a time with the adapter. This is also helpful at home at your desk or near your bedside table. $21.99
- All in one design: 2 outlets surge protector + 4 USB charging ports (1x type c, 3x USB-a)
- This mini power strip charger can fit right into your palm; it is ideal for home office travel
- Intelligently detects the input current to maximize both compatibility and charging.
- 6.6 ft. long cord extension meets all your needs; each USB ports: 5v 2.4A max, type c port: 5v 3a max
Inflatable Travel Footrest by Go: Airplanes are uncomfortable and unless you’re in first class or business class with lie-flat seats, you’re going to need this. I use it for my feet or even as a pillow when I didn’t want to carry both. I like this model because it’s easy to pack and it can take a beating. Place it under the seat in front of you and stretch out with your feet up. Place it on the armrest between you and the window for a nice place to lean, or use it on your tray table as a pillow. The possibilities are endless! $15.99
- Fully Inflatable no pump required
- Use for Travel, Home, Office
- Reduce Swelling Increase Circulation
- Improve Comfort when seated
- Supports legs to reduce muscle strain and fatigue
Kindle Fire 8 Tablet: I love my Kindle Fire because it’s lightweight and fits just about anywhere. With the new options for downloading Netflix movies, it’s even easier to use your tablet for entertainment. So, I keep my Kindle stocked with games, movies, TV shows, and books. The Kindle platform has provided many aspiring writers with the perfect opportunity to take the first steps to publishing a book under their own name and generate an audience for their work – this could be a good way of self-publishing while you’re building up your resume as an author. There’s no way you could get bored on a plane, a train, or in an automobile with this nifty little device. $79.00
- The next generation of our best-reviewed Fire tablet, with up to 12 hours of battery life, a vibrant 8″ HD display, a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, and Dolby Audio. More durable than the latest iPad.
- 16 or 32 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot for up to 256 GB of expandable storage
- Now with Alexa, for quick access to the information and entertainment you want. Ask questions, play music, check your calendar, get the news, weather, and more – just press the home button and ask.
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, apps, and games. This includes Netflix, Facebook, HBO, Spotify, and more
- Prime members get unlimited access to over a thousand books and magazines, millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV episodes – at no additional cost
- Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription
- Enhance your entertainment experience with features you only get from Amazon, including ASAP, X-Ray, On Deck, Blue Shade, and FreeTime Parental Controls
Final Thoughts on 5 Travel Essentials You Can’t Live Without
While there are more than 5 travel essentials, these are my go-to items. I hope they help you on your next trip! If you’ve already got your packing list ready to go, check out this post. 7 Steps to Using an ATM Abroad and learn how to get local currency on your next trip.
I hope you find my travel essentials list helpful! What are some of your go-to essentials? Tell me about them in the comments.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission at NO additional cost to you.
Travel with Mia is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.