PolicyInformation We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your subscription to our Newsletter.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, email us about a support question, or post a question about a blog post or destination.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information via Google Analytics: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, time spent on page, etc). We use this information to, for example, to create more relevant post for our readers.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and to communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Travel with Mia and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Travel with Mia.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you like email delivery services like MailChimp that help us stay in touch with you, email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts, and those that help us understand and enhance our Services like Google Analytics.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Travel with Mia, third parties, or the public at large.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services with no identifying information.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages and Newsletters from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Travel with Mia does not respond to “do not track” signals. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Travel with Mia’s websites.
- Unsubscribe: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to receive our Newsletter, you can contact us and we’ll take care of it.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data by contacting us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Travel with Mia is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.