I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Sarah Gallo from THE FIVE FOOT TRAVELER and I think that’s freaking awesome! It’s nice to know that someone out there is reading my blog! Here’s a little glimpse into my life.
How long have you been blogging?
September 2015 will mark my 1 year anniversary as a blogger! This is probably one of the first “ideas” I’ve had that I actually stuck with. I normally change my mind like I change my underwear… fyi, that’s daily and sometimes twice a day if I’m someplace really hot! However, blogging has really been amazing and I’m so glad I started on this journey.
Can you give 11 random facts or pieces of trivia about yourself?
- My husband and I were featured in an eHarmony commercial (that’s how we met)
- I love tacos
- I mostly wear flip-flops because I live near the beach
- I’m a flight attendant and so was my mom and my aunt (back in the day)
- I lived in London, Paris, Tokyo and St. Thomas U.S.V.I
- I almost drowned when I was little (scary but I lived to tell the story)
- Santorini is one of my favorite places on earth (Oia is stunning)
- I can sing but I never do it unless I’ve had a few cocktails but then I sound awful
- I have an 18 year old niece who makes me feel ancient
- I worked in entertainment public relations in L.A. (red carpets & movie premiers)
- I’m a tv junkie but I read at least 2-3 books a month (balance is everything)
What is your favorite travel story?
My current, favorite travel story is from Belize. We went to Belize on a last minute trip for our 4th wedding anniversary and we only had 36 hours to enjoy it. Swimming with nurse sharks, snorkeling in the second largest barrier reef in the world, relaxing on the beach, eating exquisite local cuisine and connecting with locals was a lot to do in that short time but we did it and I couldn’t have asked for a better way to celebrate my marriage.
What do you love the most about blogging?
I love blogging because I can combine my love of traveling, writing and photography in one personal space. Initially, I started my blog as a way for my family to catch up with me but it’s evolved into something quite special.
Do you prefer to camp, stay in hostels, or travel luxuriously?
I’m definitely more of a luxury traveler but I prefer to stay in beautiful vacation homes than in fancy hotels. I want to “live like a local” while on vacation so I can have a more authentic experience in the city. BUT, I loved this hotel (Beach Republic on Lamai Beach) in Koh Samui, Thailand so it’s a toss up.
Why do you travel?
I travel because I want to learn, see, do and taste everything! Plus, I want people in other countries to know that not all Americans are those you see portrayed on TV (loud, obnoxious and unruly). I try to respect the culture of each country I visit and leave as much of an impression on them as they leave on me.
What is the one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
I’m dying to visit Croatia. I, honestly, don’t know why I’m so obsessed with the country but ever since I started hearing about I can’t think of anything else. I love history, ancient ruins, the ocean and quaint little villages and Croatia has it all!
You are stranded on a desert island – what’s the one item you couldn’t live without?
If I were stranded on a desert island, the practical thing to bring would be a flint or firestarter of some sort. However, I’d probably bring lip balm because my lips get really dry and that drives me nuts, lol!
A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
If a long-lost relative left me a large sum of money, I would invest a large portion so it could collect interest (free money!) and I would book a trip around the world with the rest!
What is your favorite dish from abroad?
My favorite dish would actually be a meal we had in Greece. Seriously, some of the best food I’ve ever eaten! Right from the ocean to my table!
Where do you see yourself in five years time?
In five years, I see myself, my husband and my child traveling the world. I have the best husband and I’m lucky that he shares my love of adventure and travel. I know we’ll pass that on to our child one day.
Vanessa Cat of SF Girl Abroad
Shandos Cleaver of Travelnuity
Monica Sharma of Travelsight
Jeh-C Chung of Live & Walk Good
Claire Wang of Adventure at Work
Sabrina Barbate of In my Suitcase
Jay Abdullahi of Jay on Life
Rhoni Speed of Living our Life
Alexa Albanese of She Tells Travel Tales
Gemma Louise Glenn of Gemoirs
Assia Shahin of Assia Shahin
Instructions for Nominees:
- Answer the questions below and then comment on this post with your link when you are done so I can come and check out your answers.
- In your post, link back to the blog who nominated you with a thank you and shout out.
- After completing the questions, nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your own choice.
- Notify your nominees, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
Here are your questions:
- How long have you been blogging?
- Can you give 11 random facts or pieces of trivia about yourself?
- What is your favorite travel story?
- What do you love the most about blogging?
- Do you prefer to camp, stay in hostels, or travel luxuriously?
- Why do you travel?
- What is the one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
- You are stranded on a desert island – what’s the one thing you couldn’t live without?
- If money were no object, what would do you do with your life?
- What is your favorite dish from abroad?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I can’t wait to learn more about you!